Latest demo of Syndorea has quite a few new changes, especially regarding audio and window focus!
- Running into battle frequency has been adjusted. Hopefully that’ll help from running into battles too often.
- Songs in houses now do not restart when going up or down stairs.
- When losing focus (aka minimize or click on a different program), all animation and music/sounds stop.
- There might be an issue where if you start playing a sound effect and then quickly click off, it finishes playing that sound effect and isn’t silenced.
- Volume controls have been added to the UserConfig.xml for users to be able to change.
- There is both a Music and Sound volume control. Sound controls everything that is NOT music.
- Ranges are from 0 to 100. Meaning 0 is muted. 100 is max.
- For right now, I’ve set the demo config to be 75 for both Music and Sound volume.
- Basically all sounds/songs should be around the same level when both Music and Sound volume is set to the same level.
- Start menu song has been changed (we’re testing things out).
- Bug Fix: When changing/loading another game from the In-Game menu, the previous games cards would stay in the card pool.
In The Works
Mainly we’re working on a trailer for the beginning of the game that will go right after the intro screens fade in and out. To do this, we’ve moved from 5.0.10 to 5.1.7 allegro which has the ability to support theora videos. So right now I’m working on setting that up and writing the code to handle the video, while Igor is working on the actual trailer itself (artwork/music/etc). We’re aiming for this to be done in a few weeks, so hopefully it won’t be too long before we can show it!